Wednesday 21 June 2023

Goblin soldiers of lesser stature


 I want to put together a few units of goblin 'spitters' (archers) for Kings of War. I have some Oathmark, Wargames Factory and Wargames Atlantic goblins with bows and slings, but I want a bit of variety. A couple of cheap sprues of Marlburian infantry give me goblin musketeers once heads are fitted under hats and legs are cut down to size (which the wide-skirted coats facilitate). 

For the first soldier, I carried out a face transplant from an Oathmark. It worked OK, but was a bit fiddly. The Wargames Atlantic goblin heads already sit appropriately low on the Marlburian necks without adjustment, and a quick double scalping allowed the hat to be added. If I do the same with Oathmark goblin heads, I'll need to add a neck, but a bit of spare spear shaft from the EM4 orc conversions should do the trick.






No comments:

Post a Comment