Saturday, 1 August 2026

Pig-faced orcs!


 This weekend is going to be dominated by that toad. But I managed to kitbash these D&D-style pig-faced orcs before knuckling down. I've given them all Monster Manual-compliant gear. 

These are made largely from Frostgrave cultists and cultist knights, with heads from Wargames Atlantic and shields from Victrix.

9 comments:

  1. They turned out really nicely indeed. Great work! Looking forward to seeing them painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They should be getting some paint soon!

      Delete
  2. Very cool :)
    I don't usually think of pig faces when I see the word Orc anymore (I certainly did back in the 80s when I started D&D) so these are sweet to see. Takes me back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I've got an idea for some retro dungeon skirmish games using the sort of vivid (even delirious) colours and descriptions of the original Monster Manual: red and yellow goblins, hobgoblins with blue noses ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are the Wargames Atlantic 3D prints?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they're hard plastic.

      Delete
    2. Huh - what kit are they in?

      Delete
    3. They're from the Wargames Atlantic The Damned Beastmen kit. I got a couple of sprues from the Sprue Shop.

      Delete