Saturday 4 April 2020

Speed-painted bugbear


We're playing The Keep on the Borderlands with friends via Zoom - and that means, inter alia, bugbears. I have a few bugbear miniature kicking around, but they're awfully inconsistent. Somehow, different manufacturers' bugbears go together much less well than their gnolls, goblins or orcs. I think it's principally to do with the size of the heads.



Anyway, I like this chap. He's an old boardgame piece: quite crude but suitably big and blocky without intruding into ogre territory. And he took about an hour and a half to paint all in.



8 comments:

  1. The minis from that game paint up surprisingly nicely, the owlbear especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've seen the owlbear. I like the ogre, the bugbear and the gnoll, all of which are a good size (with small bases, which really helps for RPGs with miniatures in cramped locales).

      Delete
  2. Maybe speedpainting, but a very nice result. What's the name of the boardgame ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's the Parker Dungeons & Dragons boardgame. I don't have it; I just bought a few of the miniatures second hand.

      Delete
  3. Very nice for a boardgame piece - an hour and a half very well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He doesn't look speed-painted at all, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Skully! There's not much to paint on these, in truth. I've got a few more and am planning some simple conversions to vary them a bit.

      Delete