Thursday 6 February 2020

A little more progress ...



Some progress with my 40K Hordes of the Things project. I've also been on a bit of a basing spree and have six gretchin 'horde' elements to finish off.

Thanks to the hefty proportions of these orks, getting HotT elements done for this project is much quicker than for most 28mm armies - especially with the hordes. I'm using three or four figures to a base for a horde, rather than the standard five to eight. And with warbands at two miniatures and shooters at one, I should have the first standard (24AP) army completed very shortly.

Although I'm aiming for two 36AP ork armies (to fight on the same side in a four-player game), the first 24AP off the block will look something like this:

4 x warbands
2 x shooters
1 x hero (general)
1 x magician
1 x behemoth

The core of the next 24AP will be gretchin hordes, I think. And then I'll fatten each army up with additional elements until we get to a total of 72AP for both.

3 comments:

  1. A cool idea and good paintjobs. Looking forward to those ideas you have for IG bearing fruit too.

    ReplyDelete