Monday 18 November 2019

Up from the sewers - 1/72 ratmen


I painted these Caesar ratmen over the weekend. They're remarkably quick to paint, being scruffy and presumably dirty, and the Caesar soft plastic holds paint extremely well.

A few years ago, I painted another dozen or so. Initially, those were based on square Warhammer-style bases to serve as "lesser ratmen" alongside 28mm Skaven in Song of Blades and Heroes. I then  rebased them on pennies to serve as large (gnoll-ish) monsters in a 15mm RPG campaign. And more recently, I rebased them on Hordes of the Things element bases, reasoning that they could work with both 15mm and 28mm figures as either a warband of big creatures or one of small but vicious ones.

Now, though, I'm thinking about rebasing them again to join this batch. It wouldn't take long and would give me plenty of RPG baddies and two full Dragon Rampant units (six scouts and 12 light infantry or fierce foot).

2 comments:

  1. Who says wargaming isn't eco friendly, there's more repurposing and recycling going on here than I have seen in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice ratmen, it seems they are underrated because I haven't seen many painted examples on the web (I might be wrong of course). I really like your style, particularly the rust effect that I find excellent (much better than what I do).

    ReplyDelete