Sunday 5 August 2018

A venerable lizardman



This old lizardman was one of Citadel's C26 range. I gave him a very quick paintjob, preshading a white undercoat in brown wash, drybrushing white and then tinting with washes. I gave the belly scales and teeth a few highlights, and that was that.

I like the simplicity of these old lizardmen, with their monitor-lizard heads and cross-hatched scales. They're extremely rare, though: I'd never seen one of them apart from Lasrack, who was included in a boxed set; I have two of him, one of which was among the first miniatures I painted on my return to such things a few years back:


I'll paint the other up in the same way as the spear-armed one above, and might add a few of Citadel's RuneQuest dragonewts to create a little warband or encounter group. The dragonewts have different physiques from the lizardmen (and each other), but they share their sculptors and scales.

No comments:

Post a Comment