Tuesday 10 October 2023

RAFM wizard


 Here's an old RAFM wizard from the 80s: part of the wonderfully characterful Wanderers and Warriors range. He's part of my 25mm megadungeon/old-school D&D project - the idea is to have a host of player-character types so that players can quickly pick a suitable miniature and get going once they're rolled up a character. I could see this fellow ('Nimrod the Bold Wizard', according to the catalogue) working well as a villain too.

I originally conceived this as a 1/72 project; I'm using the same monsters and even some of the same character figures (especially elves and dwarves). But there are just so many better character options in 25mm.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not keen on the sculpt to be honest. That said you have painted him up well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phil. It's probably a bit of a marmite range - but there's no doubting he's a wizard!

      Delete