Wednesday 9 December 2020

Scratch-built Zargon



As the party got deeper into the Lost City (or at least its above-and-below pyramid), I had to get Zargon ready for them. I knocked this fellow up from Fimo and tinfoil during Saturday's rugby, before adding a bit of Milliput and greenstuff in the evening. I then speed-painted him on Sunday morning while keeping the kids at bay. He made his surprise debut tonight - and we'll find out how the PCs handle him tomorrow ...

(He's also based as a god element for Hordes of the Things.)


 

8 comments:

  1. Zargon, the lost City... Wow, it takes me back a long way in time, one of my first D&D adventure in the early 80's. Nice sculpting job indeed, and the painting really brings the miniature to life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a great module (perhaps a bit zoo-like in its lower reaches, but I rationalised that somewhat with a few substitutions and explanations).

      Delete
  2. That is simply amazing. I wish I could have seen the look on the players' faces when you put that out for them to see, especially in view of its scale. And that eye...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It achieved the desired results, certainly. And there was a sequel of sorts (see today's post).

      Delete
  3. Please take a screenshot of the party's faces when you plonk this on the table.... absolutely brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to (before I posted this) but must have hit the wrong keys, alas! He made quite an impression - and has already been resurrected once by the players as a phantasmal-force spell.

      Delete