Saturday 20 June 2020

A Minifigs goblin


Here's a blast from the distant past: a Minifigs goblin from the 1970s. I've obtained a few Minifigs miniatures recently, and I really like them. There's a certain amount of 'paint your own detail', but they're nice little models - made, I believe, through adding detail to the maquettes with solder rather than with putty.


The Minifigs range was closely tied to the original Monster Manual, with the kobolds, goblins, orcs, hobgoblins and gnolls all following that book's illustrations very closely.


I've painted this one to join my Tolkien orc/D&D goblin project. He's a bit smaller than most of the others, but I think he fits in well enough.



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I've got a few more Minifigs things in the works. They're terrific fun to paint.

      Delete