Tuesday 19 November 2019

A snake in the ... sand


Giant snakes make for good wandering (or more accurately, lurking) monsters. This one's a Reaper Bones 28mm beast. No doubt he'll see action in various scales, but for now he's earmarked for 1/72 gaming. 

This was a ridiculously quick paintjob using GW's contrast paints over drybrushing. Nothing fancy, then, but he looks suitably generic - something that's useful for RPGs where the same threats might be encountered more than once in a given area ("The ruins are infested with serpents of great size ...").


5 comments:

  1. Superb and very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey JC, you post so much that I can't write a comment on each item :)
    I love this snake. Not the first time I see Reaper Bones minis used for 1/72 fantasy creatures, I should try that one of these days... your painting of the scales is very realistic !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these. Too small for my aged eyes but go for it youngster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Admirably restrained colours, it came out well!

    ReplyDelete