Wednesday 14 November 2018

Something fishy ...


Some Reaper Bones deep ones. I painted these last night in two hours flat: black gesso undercoat, medium-sea grey for the bodies and buff for the underbellies. Then a drybrush with silver-grey and a glaze of thinned Nightshade GW wash mixed with a bit of GW Camoshade wash. I washed some thinned GW Crimson over the underbellies, put undiluted Nightshade over the spinal scales and in the eye sockets, and sloshed some Camoshade here and there in the recesses. Then it was just a matter of painting the eyes and teeth.

The great thing about the Bones miniatures is that their cheapness and slightly soft detail encourages very fast painting.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. I had a couple of metal ones of these (as well as the High Priest) which I intended to use for Strange Aeons, but I abandoned that project and gave them away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Yes, I mean to get the Bones priests to supplement them. I was through in Glasgow last week and discovered, to my great glee, that Static Game was full of new Bones stuff; it's almost horribly cheap without postage involved!

    ReplyDelete