Thursday 22 November 2018

A half-orc witch


Ready for a Black Hack game tomorrow: a half-orc from Aly Morrison's slottabased range for Citadel. I generally prefer Aly's solid-based half-orcs, which are grimmer-looking and less comic. But this is a nicely characterful one with a typically expressive Morrison face. And she's the only female in either range.



I painted her in much the same method as my recent Chronicle and Grenadier orcs: black gesso undercoat, base colours and one highlight for everything except the flesh (where there's a wash and a second highlight). I did allow myself an additional highlight on the green shirt, though. 

This method is very quick, so I'm swinging back towards black undercoat as the default. Pebeo black gesso is so solid and fast-drying as an undercoat that it makes the prolonged drying time of white spray seem a real hassle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment