Saturday 13 July 2024

Minifigs pig-faced orc

 


Here's a Minifigs pig-faced orc I painted up in a sort of comic-book style (heavy blacklining in ink). I'm quite pleased with it; I see this style as the best way to get the most out of the wonderful old Minfigs ranges, which have quite spare and shallow detail. 

This fellow's not quite finished; I need to touch up some of the highlights on his jerkin and perhaps add a sigil of some sort to his chest and backplates. I may well change the base to a slightly less textured surface.

2 comments:

  1. He's great. I think you're right and the heavy black lining really helps with the less distinct detail on an old mini. He's made me all nostalgic for the '80s D&D cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm going to pursue the approach with a load of other old 25mm figures. I'm wondering whether the heavy blacklining might also help with very detailed but very small figures too: old Ral Partha and Grenadier, for example. I sometimes find that painting them conventionally is a bit of a let-down on the table, if not in photos, because they're just so tiny.

      Delete