Wednesday 13 May 2020

Some very quick ghouls!



I did these on Saturday night/Sunday morning in time for the early-afternoon start to our D&D session. The party had met a few ghouls in a crypt during Saturday's session, and great fun/fear/loathing ensued. So I decided to add some reinforcements for their next session. I had a sprue of these GW "goblins" to hand, so whizzed through a few late on Saturday night and early Sunday morning. And they were ready to go after lunch.

They're pretty rough, and I will touch up the faces when I get a moment. But they did their primary job: producing squeals when players (both around the table and over Zoom) noticed that they'd appeared in the tunnels behind the PCs ...

As an aside, great as these miniatures are, I can't think of "goblins" that could be any further from those Tolkien describes in The Hobbit. His have clashing armour, well-made weapons and whistles. These ... do not. But for Lovecraft-style ghouls, they're pretty great.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't recognize these as GW goblins. They have really deviated from their old classics! They definitely look like Ghouls to me. Great job on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      They're for GW's Middle Earth range, so are based on the (terrible!) recent films of The Hobbit. So, they're great miniatures, but could hardly be further from Tolkien's orcs.

      Delete