Tuesday 7 July 2020

Tekumel: Thunru'u - "The Eater of Eyes" - and another Hra


The Thunru'u is a nasty creature of the Tekumel Underworld that can serve as a henchthing for nefarious priests and magicians. I made this one by greenstuffing a Reaper Bones flesh golem:


I rather like its "WHAT TIME OF NIGHT DO YOU CALL THIS???" expression:




It's big for the base, but as the beast is going to accompany various human NPCs, it made sense to have it loom vertically rather than horizontally.


I also finished another Hra - this time, a Ral Partha "trill" ("troll", I think - probably a typo; Citadel certainly sold it as a troll in the 80s). I gather that this is the miniature used to represent the Hra in Barker's own games.



10 comments:

  1. Top work... Great conversion and I love the Trill figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I recall seeing - and taking inspiration from - a veritable legion of Trills on your blog.

      Delete
  2. Waow, I LOOOVE that troll! Your Verdigris is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's just straight-from-the-pot Citadel stuff.

      Delete
  3. Yes - I still have the original 'trill' that I did for Phil back in late 1976. All your figures look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! I've been very much enjoying your various "ask Chirine" threads - and taking a lot of inspiration from them.

      Delete